Sumptuous and squishy lemon curd muffins!
Well, as I’m sure you’re all perfectly aware by now, I am totally in love with lemon flavoured desserts, cakes, pastries, biscuits, salad dressings and…pretty much anything else under the sun. Squeeze a touch of lemon over it and count me in. It just seems to add a lightness and zing to anything, particularly muffins that no matter how light and fluffy they may seem always need a little fruity something in them!
This is a very basic recipe and you can, if you like, despite my waxing lyrical about the magical citrus fruit forgo the lemon and add a few blueberries or chocolate chips or something into it instead…whatever floats your boat, you know?
500g plain flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
150ml vegetable oil
250g caster sugar
3 tbsp lemon curd
This makes 8 muffins.
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Beat eggs together and add in the milk and oil.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the grated rind of the lemon and the juice of half the lemon and mix it all up. You’ll have quite a thick batter.
- Pop the lemon curd with the juice from the other half of the lemon and mix together.
- Fill half the muffin case, add in a teaspoon of lemon curd and cover with more batter.
- Bake for 20/25 minutes until nice and golden. Dust with a little icing sugar and enjoy!